We’ll be there along with our supplier partner FiFoil, talking about insulation technologies for metal buildings. Be sure to come see us!
When it comes to insulating walls, most people think of fiberglass batt insulation. For years, fiberglass batt insulation was the only way to insulate walls. Today’s construction technology has many other options! One cost-effective and energy-efficient option is the blown in wall system.
The blown in wall system provides a high-efficiency energy blanket of insulation at a fraction of the cost of spray foam insulation. This system is installed in open cavities during the construction or remodeling process, and can be used in residential or commercial buildings. The blown in wall system gives homes a seamless, thermally efficient blanket of insulation that completely fills any void in the wall cavity.
Here’s how it works:
- Fabric mesh is installed across the open wall cavity. It is tacked to each stud in the wall assembly.
- Loose-fill fiberglass insulation is blown behind the fabric mesh. It is installed at a density that fills all voids in the wall cavity.
- The penetrations in the mesh are sealed to hold the product in place.
There are many benefits to installing the blown in wall system in your next project. The blown in wall system offers:
- Higher r-values than traditional fiberglass batt insulation, saving on heating and cooling expenses.
- Reduced air infiltration. National laboratory tests have shown a 68% reduction in air infiltration when installing a blown in wall system over fiberglass batt insulation.
- TAKE ENERGY EFFICIENCY ONE STEP FURTHER! Air seal each wall cavity prior to installing a blown in wall system to further increase efficiency!
- Excellent sound control. Because loose fill fiberglass insulation completely fills the wall cavity, noise transfer is reduced.
- Does not settle. Because the insulation is dense packed, there’s no chance of it setting and affecting r-value.
Interested in learning more about the blown in wall system? Call us with questions or to schedule a free estimate.
We are proud to salute our partner company, Southland Insulators, and their celebration of 30 years in business.
In celebration of this milestone, founder Gerald R. Palmer and his team chose to make a special donation to benefit the life of a wounded warrior.